Specialized items list.
- Welding Equipment
We will either replace the item or refund you for any item that you receive that does not match the description advertised on the website. We will usually need you to return the item to us at no additional cost to yourself.
Please log a return within 7 days, where the item is not what you ordered.
Please ensure that you package the item securely to protect it against getting damaged in transit (on its way back to BTSL). Btsl Electrical & Distribution cannot accept responsibility for damage occurring before it is delivered to BTSL Offices, or collected by us at the post office, even if this damage was caused by a third party. We would strongly advise against using a only a bubble-envelope – rather use a combination of bubble-wrap, cardboard, layers of paper, etc.
Once we have received the package, we will notify you that we have received the physical goods. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that the package is delivered to BTSL within the returns window provided and at the correct address.
If you claim that our goods are defective, our technicians will examine the goods for defects. In the case of physical goods, our technicians will examine the actual goods. They will report to us whether the goods were defective, were misused or are of good quality. If our technician reports that the goods were misused, were of good quality, were not provided to you for a specific purpose or were suitable for that purpose, then we will not replace or refund the goods.
If you choose for us to replace or repair the goods, we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to organize the necessary steps to repair or replace the goods.
If we do not accept that we supplied defective or unsuitable goods, and our returns department has not been able to help, any customer may still take the matter up with the consumer goods and services ombudsman http://www.cgso.org.za/ or other dispute resolution body, or take legal action. The dispute resolution procedures under the CPA do not necessarily apply to all transactions with us. This policy does not exclude any other rights customers may have.
We aim for complete customer satisfaction. We respect our customers’ rights and always try to comply with best practice and all relevant laws. If you are not satisfied with any of our goods, or have any questions, please contact our customer services department and have your invoice number ready.
We will try our best to solve your problem.
The below procedure is related to unwanted / incorrect / damaged on arrival and sub-standard items.
- Return logged.
- Allow for additional time, if incorrect information on the website.
- Customer send return at own cost.
- Received at warehouse, inspected.
- Refund processed to customer account (unless otherwise specified).
- If item is not returned in mint condition / without the items original packaging the refund will not be processed. (this does not apply to damaged on arrival).
- This procedure usually takes 3-7 working days to conclude.
Kindly allow for longer waiting times during peak season, November – March.
- Return logged (24 – 48 hours)
- Customer Returns goods to BTSL office at own cost.
- Unit arrives at BTSL and is put into a queue awaiting damage assessment. (1 – 2 working days. 3 – 5 during peak season)
- Damage assessment of returned unit before it is sent to the supplier’s / service center.
- Unit is sent away for assessment (24 – 48 hour delivery)
- Suppliers / Service Centre will advise that the unit was either replaced, repaired or no fault was found.( 7 workings for assessment conclusion.)
- The unit is returned to BTSL , and is sent to dispatch to be returned to the customer, pending the result of the assessment.